Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gourmet Magazine: Table of the Month May 1972


Gourmet Magazine, May 1972

I've just recently come into possession of a number of Gourmet magazines from the 1970s.  I always love looking through Gourmet and one of my favorite features is what I call the "Table of the  Month", but in reality is called "Gourmet's Menus".

This is the May 1972 "Table of the Month" and it's for one of four Pancake Breakfasts:

Fruit Compote, Stacked Hungarian Pancakes, Coffee 

Chilled Melon, French Pancakes with Red Currant Jelly, Cafe Au Lait (since I see what looks like Red Currant Jelly in the picture, I'm guessing it's this one!)


Red Emperor Grapes, German Apple Pancakes, Hot Chocolate


Orange Juice, New England Buckwheat Pancakes, Maple Syrup, Butter, Country Sausages, Coffee, Tea


Orange Juice, Swedish Pancakes with Lingonberries, Coffee.
 

In any event, I love the simplicity of the table, and yet it's very elegant - and easy to duplicate with a simple check tablecloth, some vintage or antique pitchers, white dinnerware and napkins to match the tablecloth.  Don't forget the newspaper.  Comfortable, yet special!




No comments: